Reports to: Marketing Director & Dvelopment (hiring two positions)
The Graphic Design Intern will support the Marketing Department or the Development Department. In this role, you’ll contribute to maintaining the Festival brand through layout, design and production of graphics. This internship requires a minimum of 10 hours per week and must be available during Festival International week. We’re looking for someone who is knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, along with pre-flight knowledge. This person will work directly with the Marketing Director or Development Director and will learn how to apply design knowledge and skills in the workplace. This position is for the Spring Semester.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist Festival International de Louisiane through Graphic Design
- Update existing collateral such as brochures, flyers, invitations, banners, etc.
- Social media graphics – Create engaging social media graphics for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to promote various activities.
- Create posters and flyers for various events such as the Courir du Festival 5K, LIME, and any After-Hours events.
- Resize banners and existing artwork for web use
- Support social media initiatives and assist as a resource for other departments.
- Provide day-to-day social media monitoring support; assist with building online presence.
- Provide day-to-day social media monitoring support; assist with building online presence through ongoing interactions with followers and fans
- Work in conjunction with the Social Media Intern for engaging graphics and supporting messaging.
- Assist the Marketing Director in any other needs for the marketing department
- Assists Social Media team with graphics and imagery
- Assists marketing chairs with pin and poster sales at kiosks
- Assists marketing chairs with merchandise tents and retail sales
- Assist Development chairs with Will Call, Galleries du Festival, and Rain Angel Tent.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior majoring in Visual Arts, with a concentration in Graphic Design.
- Portfolio examples required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be available to work during the annual Festival International de Louisiane
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to travel in the Acadiana area.
- Must be in good standing with your college or university
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual and manual dexterity is extremely important for this position. The job presents no work hazards beyond those normally present in an office environment. Incumbent will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally, and or/a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Incumbent will perform additional activities such as, reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions such as typing and dialing a telephone. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time and read. The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Interns holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio examples to email@example.com.