REPORTS TO: Development Director
Under general supervision, this is an internship position responsible for assisting the Development Director with the coordination of the management of the corporate sponsorship and individual donor programs. General office administrative duties include: working at the front desk, assisting staff with phone coverage,making copies and faxing files as needed. Interns must be available to work all 5 days of the annual Festival for scheduled shifts. This is an unpaid position for the spring and/or fall semester.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist Festival International de Louisiane Development Department through:
- Corporate sponsorships bring in a large percentage of the Festival operating budget.
- Continuous communication with sponsors is crucial in retention and recruiting of potential sponsors.
Individual Donor Programs:
There are two major Festival programs for individual donors:
- Amis and Rain Angel-Individual donor programs.
- Festival Leauxcal – Geared towards small businesses owners
These programs launch in the Fall and continue through Festival dates.
Intern opportunities would include the following for the Fall/Spring Semester:
- Process memberships received by mail and online.
- Data entry of members’ full information.
- Maintain hard file copies of all membership information.
Intern opportunities include the following:
- Attend meetings and presentations during assigned work hours for official Festival partners.
- Planning strategic installation ideas for sponsors who request help.
- Assist in planning website updates for the sponsor/partner page of the Festival website.
- Assist with the creation of the mailing list for any fundraising event.
- Work with Development Director on management of set up/tear down of the event.
- Attend Special Event committee meetings as needed by Development Director.
Assist Development Director by
- Coordinating volunteers to assist with projects as requested.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer groups, as requested.
- Assist the Development Director with maintaining up to date records on members information.
Intern must be 18 years of age or older and available to work a minimum of 10 hours a week. The intern will receive weekly direction of projects to be completed during work hours assigned at the Festival office.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior majoring in Finance or Management.
- Previous management experience desired but not preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be available to work during the annual Festival International de Louisiane.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to travel in the Acadiana area.
- Must be in good standing with their college or university.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual and manual dexterity is extremely important for this position. The job presents no work hazards beyond those normally present in an office environment. Incumbent will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally, and or/a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Incumbent will perform additional activities such as, reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions such as typing and dialing a telephone. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time and read. The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Interns holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.