Reports to: Executive Director
Under general supervision, this is an internship position responsible for assisting the Executive Director with the coordination of volunteers, as well as various other activities and responsibilities. General office administrative duties include: working at the front desk, assisting staff with phone coverage, making copies and faxing files as needed. Intern must be available to work all 5 days of Festival. This is an unpaid position for the Spring semester.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist Executive Director with:
- Organizing all tasks and timelines across all departments.
- Coordination with department heads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Setting up of volunteer system, organizing volunteers as needed.
- Create weekly volunteer reports through volunteer software system.
- Various other office tasks leading up to Festival.
- Work with Volunteer Chairperson in the volunteer center during the annual festival.
Assist Executive Director by:
- Coordinating volunteers to assist with projects as requested.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer group, as requested.
- Assisting with final reports, information gathering for current and future Festival events.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior majoring in Management, Public Relations, Music Business (or equivalent).
- Some past experience with Festival International preferred (volunteer, festival goer, etc.)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Some level of proficiency with MS Excel and Word.
- Some level of experience with web apps.
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to learn FIL’s volunteer software program system.
- Must be available to work during the annual Festival International de Louisiane.
- Must be in good standing with their college or university.
- Must have a great attitude and a willingness to learn and conquer challenges.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual and manual dexterity is extremely important for this position. The job presents no work hazards beyond those normally present in an office environment. The incumbent will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally, and or/a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The incumbent will perform additional activities such as, reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions such as typing and dialing a telephone. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time and read. The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Interns holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org