Reports to: Marketing Director
Under general supervision, this is internship position is responsible for assisting the Marketing Director with public relations strategy and management in key areas. Areas of responsibility include assisting with coordinating artist publicity information, submitting content for email marketing campaigns, and assisting with setup and inventory of Festival merchandise. This position also includes event management of the Courir du Festival 5K, assisting in promotion of volunteer recruitment efforts for the Festival and assisting the Festival Marketing interns with projects as needed.
General office administrative duties include: working at the front desk, assisting staff with phone coverage, making copies and faxing files as needed. Interns must be available to work all 5 days of the annual Festival for scheduled shifts as well as a minimum of 10 hours a week during the semester in the Festival office. This is an unpaid position for the spring and/or fall semester.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist Festival International de Louisiane Marketing Department through Communications management:
- Creates content for the Festival email campaigns.
- Organizes and creates content for the Official Festival Guide.
- Works with Marketing and Volunteer teams on creating messaging to promote volunteer opportunities with Festival.
- Manages timelines, graphic, content, and edits for the Official Festival Guide
Courir du Festival 5k:
- Work with Courir du Festival Chairperson on the overall management of the Festival International de Louisiane Festival 5k.
- Management of the online database of 5k registrations which includes tracking race registration, ordering shirts and assisting with organizing packet pickup.
- Assist the Courir du Festival Director with day of event coordination.
- Work with Social Media intern on a strategic social media/marketing campaigns to promote the 5k Race.
La Boutique du Festival Merchandise :
- Work with Marketing Director by identifying fashion trends in the Festival industry.
- Assist the La Boutique Chairpersons with the management of the onsite La Boutique du Festival, three locations.
- Manage inventory and maintain records of current and new Festival merchandise.
- Assist with the transport of merchandise to onsite sales locations as needed before during and after Festival.
- Coordinate with merchandise team on the layout and set up of the merchandise locations.
- Become proficient in the Point of Sale software system that is used in the onsite merchandise locations.
- Create and provide analysis on final reports on merchandise inventory and sales post festival.
- Attend all Marketing related meetings (once a month) and be an active part of the planning process for Festival.
- Ensure all Festival standards of conduct are maintained by all volunteers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior majoring in Marketing, Public Relations or Business Administration
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be available to work during the annual week of Festival International de Louisiane
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to travel in the Acadiana area.
- Must be in good standing with your college or university
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual and manual dexterity is extremely important for this position. The job presents no work hazards beyond those normally present in an office environment. Incumbent will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally, and or/a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Incumbent will perform additional activities such as, reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions such as typing and dialing a telephone. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time and read. The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Interns holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com