Reports to: Marketing Director
The Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern will support the Marketing Department. In this role, you’ll contribute to everything from traditional social media campaign planning, analytics tracking, reporting and analysis to digital content creation including images and video for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the mobile app to promote all events and messaging for Festival International. This internship requires a minimum of 10 hours per week and must be available during Festival International week. We’re looking for someone who is excited well versed in social media best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist Festival International de Louisiane Marketing Department through Social Media:
Support the creation of content calendars and contribute to social media campaign planning and execution.
Take photos, use Photoshop to create engaging images, record basic video and develop visual content for a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Catalog and select videos from archives to update and create a robust YouTube channel from vintage Festival footage.
Conduct competitive research, assist with social media analytics tracking and reporting, and contribute to ongoing social media analysis.
Support social media initiatives and assist as a resource for other departments.
Provide day-to-day social media monitoring support; assist with building an online presence through ongoing interactions with followers and fans.
Track social media metrics and efforts and provide dashboard updates.
Plan and schedule push notifications for the mobile app in weeks leading up to Festival and during Festival week.
Assist in troubleshooting the mobile app CMS.
Work in conjunction with the Social Media agency to create content for all platforms of social media – Facebook, and Twitter. Act as a hub for Instagram pictures with the Official Festival Photographer.
Festival Media Center
- Assist Marketing Director identifying and creating signage for the onsite center.
- Assist Media Center Chairperson the setup and maintenance of the on-site Festival Media Center.
- Attend all Marketing related meetings (once a month) and be an active part of the planning process for Festival.
- Ensure all Festival Standards of conduct are maintained by all volunteers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, or English.
- At least one year experience in social media marketing and management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must be proficient in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube.
- Basic knowledge in Adobe Photoshop
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be available to work during the annual Festival International de Louisiane.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to travel in the Acadiana area.
- Must be in good standing with your college or university
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Visual and manual dexterity is extremely important for this position. The job presents no work hazards beyond those normally present in an office environment. Incumbent will be subject to performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 10-20 pounds of force occasionally, and or/a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Incumbent will perform additional activities such as, reach overhead for items, stoop, bend and twist while working. Other physical activities include talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions such as typing and dialing a telephone. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time and read. The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Interns holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org